Wednesday

knitting therapy

Yes I'm back!! Did I scare you? Well I do scare myself sometimes....especially late at night...in a strange place by myself in the middle of the bush! What wast that...oh just possums on the roof...why do they always stomp, can't they just walk lightly! I think they do it on purpose!
The only answer to my frayed nerves is to knit....on size 20mm needles with my beautiful 'Alien Bumps' yarn from Guttersnipe! I love it...look at the close up photo..it looks like strange alien cocoons!Scary photo....but look how happy I am with my new scarf!

close up of alien worm cocoons


finished it in just a couple of hours!! Pattern by Kathleen Rogers, 'Vitreous Humor scarf' or otherwise known as the 'eyeball boa', unfortunately mine is without the eyeballs! You can find it for free on Ravelry.
I guess now that I've finished i should get back to my lacy red garter and socks:( all knitted on 2.50 needles...now that's not therapy!

10 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Oooh how lovely. I love big chunky textural yarn for a quick project...and seeing that I can't sleep, maybe I should knit!

Miss Val's Creations said...

The scarf is gorgeous and has a lot of personality!

Mouse said...

How cool! I really want to try my hand at spinning some more art yarns but I don't ever use the stuff...
I have been to Guttersnipe's store before on Etsy.. she has some wonderful yarns!

2paw said...

It's gorgeous!! I think I like it without the eyes. You'll be warm and 'cool' at the same time!!

Bishop Stone said...

What a great yarn. I have had a go at these , had heaps of fun doing it but mine did not look so fantastic.

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

in checking my feedjit, I found your blog, I am honored to be listed here, thanks! I have listed you on mine as well..have a nice week..robin

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

omg, I knitted years ago..you totally got me back into it.. LOL.. that pattern is great! but finding out how to get eyeball yarn.. haha... thanks!

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

hey, never heard back from the lady with the amazing yarn? got any inside connections? woudl love to order some from her, gotta love the eyeballs!! omg

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

yes you scared me, to death, almost.. well I had actually to guy a new computer because my other one didn't care much for Captain morgan and cream soda rinsing off it's innerds... and I lost you, I thought, how do I find her.. well I searched and searched and there you were.. are actually...whew.. ok, now, knitting...

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

omg you are gone! hope you are well though..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails